Welcome to Philippines! Pinoy Holistic Health: Information about Philippines, its hospitals, insurance, reviews, hotels, doctors, spas, meditation retreats, yoga centers, and culture.
Eating and drinking health tips while travelling
The most common travel-related illnesses are gastrointestinal diseases. These problems appear due to eating raw foods, or because of poorly prepared foods. Low quality and contamination of water is another major source of digestive diseases:
– Avoid unpasteurised or not boiled milk and dairy products
– Use water purifiers, bottled or boiled water, or tablets
– Avoid ice cubes in drinks
– Avoid fruit and vegetables that have been washed in the local water
– Make sure food is cooked thoroughly and eat it while it’s hot.
– Eat those fruits and vegetables that you can peel like bananas, oranges and mandarins.
– Avoid raw fish, oysters, and other shellfish.
– Hotels and busy restaurants are safer choices in comparison with food from street stalls
– Take good care about your personal hygiene.
Make sure that your respiration remains unchanged when you travel since many health conditions appear and get worse due to increased respiration. Then people travel, they can experience more problems with high blood pressure, symptoms of asthma, cramps, seizures, insomnia and other concerns. It is even more difficult to meditate and remain mindful. For those people who may suffer from respiratory health problems, such as sinusitis, hay fever, or nasal congestion, they can apply this effective but totally natural home remedy to clear a stuffy nose. The method was possibly originated from ancient yoga or old meditation techniques. This amazing remedy will clear your stuffy nose in about 40 s.
The causes of this phenomenal success behind this breathe-less method is in higher CO2 levels that dilate blood vessels and increase oxygen delivery to cells of the body. This process also helps with oxygen extraction in the lungs. Note that oxygen absorption in the lungs is also increased with slower breathing.
Visit our great meditation retreats and yoga centers, as well as cultural points of interest.
More content will appear in future. For more general info about health, click here.